I’ve had the privilege to be here since the start of Eliko’s journey in 2004. Back then, we mainly worked with long-term applied R&D projects in cooperation with the Taltech. That work laid the foundation for our core know-how on product and technology development, which we’ve been able to use to help our customers improve their products and processes.
Fast forward to 2016, and I’m proud to say, Eliko has grown and evolved into a versatile company, offering a number of our own product lines and a comprehensive service offering in the Internet of Things. We’re able to design a system or application from initial concept to a full working prototype. Our network of partners include the top universities and research centres in the region, ensuring our clients have access to the absolute best know-how out there.
Here are some of our highlights for 2016:
- March – We launched our new website eliko.ee. Since then, many of you have visited our site from all across the globe.
- April – Our RTLS was put through its paces at the Microsoft Indoor Localization Competition. The RTLS managed to grab the second spot on the UWB-based solution list and was the most precise UWB-based commercial solution tested.
- June – We took Stockholm by storm at ICEBI, showcasing Eliko’s joint work with the Tallinn University of Technology at the largest bioimpedance event of the year.
- October – We showcased Eliko RTLS at Electronica 2016 in Munich. Increasingly, we’re seeing indoor location technology being deployed in manufacturing, with Germany and its Industry 4.0 program leading the way.
- November – We welcomed a new team member to lead the IoT team. Pasi comes with years of Nokia embedded software development experience under his belt. He brings method to our madness.
We’re excited to greet the new year with new talent, loyal customers and an ever-growing international presence. Thank you for being there with us for the ride and hope to see you in 2017.